Monday, January 02, 2006

God's palbable presence


I'll put some more thoughts on this in here later, but I just wanted to share a thought from my last week. I just returned from a mission trip to New Orleans to help in the recovery and clean up from Hurricane Katrina. And my initial impact on my life is how is was so apparent how God was working there. His presence was so obvious. In the lives and attitudes of the volunteers, the organizations helping, and even in the citizens. Ok, so not everyone was even a Christian, but God was there. He was working, and showing His Glory. God is good. It just hit me so hard, that this is the type of life we are really called to live. Of service for His Glory. Serving others, showing love. Simple as that. And it doesn't even have to only be in the aftermath of tragedy. But in daily life--why not show it at work? Now I am meditating on God, and what He needs to change in me to let this happen, so each week is for Him and Him alone, to have His presence stay so visible...because this is what He wants...

1 Comments:

Blogger barry-eh said...

How much we all need to learn to be servants and not live self-centered lives. Just think of how great of an impact on the world the church could have if we stepped out of the pews and into the streets. Press on!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home