Monday, October 24, 2005


Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say rejoice!

Now the question I am asking myself is, am I really doing this in my life? Is each day joyful, because of the hope I have in the Lord? What really is joy, hope? Often it seems to be a feeling of light heart, of knowing there are good or better things in store for us. Joy comes with the morning, we are told...and I know that it usually does look better each morning. But I also know it only stays better if I put God first in the morning, and then keep my eyes on Him as much as I can that day. Because how often can we get sucked back into a mire by day's end? To where our problems seem stacked up against us? But this is not what God has in mind for us. He wants us to live life abundantly, and to prosper.

Jeremiah 29:11-14

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places I have banished you," declares the Lord, " and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

So today, I go seeking God, I pray with all my heart, for his hope is here! And if I seek, if you seek, we will find Him.

Knock, seek, ask.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really feel like rejoicing most of the time. I feel like the choices I have made have taken me so far away from God that I have no idea how to get back. I hope you don't mind, but I would like to know what you think about my situation. I need an opinion. I needed health insurance because I didn't have a job so I did a contract marriage to get it. I have struggled with this because I don't believe in divorce, but I don't even know the guy that I married. I still feel like I'm single. I rationalized it but I know it was wrong. Do you think God understands that or do you think He will punish me for the rest of my life? I want to be close to God again, but I don't know how that will happen. I feel like I am lying to everyone because most of them think I am still single. I am such an approval seeker that I don't know how to tell people. Will you pray for me that I will return to God and have the courage to face my failures?
Marie

11:56 PM  
Blogger RobMcFarren said...

Marie,

Yes I will pray for you. I know you posted this awhile back, but I just haven't been able to write and respond.

As for your situation. I know that God WILL NOT punish you forever. Yes God is just, but God is also merciful. We have all had things in our lives where we have chosen something over God. And that is why He sent Jesus to die for us. It is that sacrifice, that saves us. And all we need to do is acknowledge that and love Him and others back. That is what God wants. The past is past, you can't change it. I really don't know what you should do about that marriage...I would really just commit to prayer about it. Because whatever we should do, especially situations like this we get ourselves into, we need to turn to God. He really needs to be in every facet of our life. And He does forgive us, and wants to bless us.

So basically, my challenge to you is this: You have a decision right now, and each minute of each day, what you are going to do. So are you going to love God, choose Him, or choose something else, that cannot satisfy? That is really where each of us are? Choose Christ's sacrifice for us, or not.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for responding. I will think about your challenge and your advice. You always put God into your comments and I think that is a good thing. I will be praying about my situation. I have chosen things over God and I know it. I'm glad to have friends who love God and I wish I could have more fellowship, but I also need to work on my personal time with God.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home