Saturday, September 17, 2005

Networking


I was at Starbucks this morning, just doing a little reading, when I was approached by a guy who noticed the Bible on my table. This led to a discussion for the next hour and a half. It seems like these chance meetings, and the ensuing conversations, can really help to energize us as believers. This has led me to think about fellowship, and the importance not only of going to church, but more importantly, networking with believers in life. I don't see why there should be lines drawn--like hanging out with Christians at church, and at a Bible study, but you don't search out believers at work, etc. I'm not saying we have to shun others out and only hang out with Christians--quite the opposite at times--but that there is this network around the world of Christians. And you know what, most are willing to help others, similar to each of us. This network spans generations, classes and careers. How strong can this be? I think it could be unlimited. We just need to, as the Bible says, pray for each other and care for other believers. Paul even places importance on caring for the needs of believers above others. I don't need to know everyone, but still, if each of us knew and "networked" with 5 other believers...how quickly would this spread. Together, we are so much stronger than individually. I think this already happens, but I think we each can continue to do better. We can better accomplish the Great Commission through the myriad facets of life today...Lord I pray that I can better serve You each day, and that we, the church, can unify to glorify Your name.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having a hard time just finding other believers to be with. Right now I feel like the only people I see are non-believers and I never feel strong enough to share Christ with them. Maybe I am just too afraid to speak up. I need this networking to help me and of course God can always help me if I just ask him. I think it is so important to be with Christians that can help me grow and that is what I need right now. Thank you for writing about this.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home