Monday, October 03, 2005

The shadow of light


How often to we get ourselves worked up over some issue--just trying to figure something out or determine what we need to do. I know I do, and recently it seems to be around what career path I want to take. But there is a promise of God for us, in Psalm 91. I read this in the book Praying the Names of God, but just the idea of resting in the Shadow of God. This idea, particularly when knowing it was in the desert environment of the middle east, really makes sense. I know when I was in Iraq, the temperatures soared above 140, and you desperately needed out of the sun. Even in the shadow, you would sweat and be on edge, but you could rest because the sun was not scorching you. So I think we somehow have to keep giving up ourselves, our worries and concerns, to God. This is an ongoing process, as we realize more and more what we do hold on to.

Because God is also the light--not the sun's scorching heat, but the light that allows us to see. He guides our paths, and although we plan our lives, or think we do, he secures each step along the way. He is a God almighty, the El Shadday, and loves each of us personally. We just have to trust in Him...and turn to Him daily...reaffirming our recognition of his divinity, power and control over our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home