Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I have a cat named Socrates. He is cooped up all day in my apartment, and yet he still knows there is a world beyond the doors. Every once and awhile he gets out and checks things out, but comes back scurrying when something startles him. I am this person that comes home, sleeps, maybe does some stuff there on the weekends, but in general he is alone. Yet every time I come into the apartment, he's waiting there, and happy to see me. Sure, he can whine and he always wants food, but he has to be around me when I'm there.

I have a God named God. He is cooped up all day in His universe, and yet he still knows my small world behind the blinders of my life. Every once and awhile I get out and check Him out, but often come scurrying back when something startles me. He is this being that I sometimes seek out, pray , do some stuff with Him on the weekends, but generally I might leave Him alone. Yet every time I come into the apartment, He's waiting there, and happy to see me. Sure, I can whine and always want something, but he is there, always around to love me when I turn to Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home