Tuesday, August 30, 2005

loss of focus

When realizing how much time we spend every day doing various activities, it is really pretty interesting. I mean, work, sleep, eating, watching TV or a movie, reading the Bible or another book, praying, whatever. What proportion do we spend on stuff we consider important to us? I think that we do spend a certain amount of time, but since we have such "full" lives doesn't it sometimes seem to keep us from concentrating, when we are trying to pray or read? I know there are times when I can focus, but others when the mind always seems to wander.

However, I think this is just another realization of how weak our flesh can be, and our dependence on God. The goal is to be always thinking of God, remembering and praying with Him, no matter what else you are doing. This is definitely a high standard...but you know what, it is not by my strength that I could achieve this--it is by God's power, His grace. So I guess the resolution we need to take is simply to remember what we believe in, what is important to us (God) and try and try and try. This will result in growth, just as practice makes professional athletes better. I may not even notice a difference tomorrow or next week, but over time, we will change. So just keep trying, and keep loving and believing in God, and know that He has already saved you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home