Thursday, September 08, 2005

Eagerly Await

I'm sitting down, getting ready to watch the NFL season opening football game, and I was watching the crowd. They were jumping around, yelling, enjoying the pregame festivities, and it is only going to get louder as the game starts. There was an eagerness to it, all across the country, with a new season beginning. New hopes, renewed determinations, passionate fan-dom. And I'm no different, I have my teams that I root for, that I am passionate about. So why is it that this is so easy to eagerly await, so easy to defend your team, and still we shy away from this with God. How can I make myself this passionate on a daily basis, where I'll converse with fans of other teams (beliefs) and defend my team (Jesus) whenever the subject arises.

And to eagerly await the new season: Christ's return! Just like kickoff, now only a few minutes away, our passion and eagerness should continue to build as His return comes closer and closer! And who knows, it could only be a few minutes away.

A lot to think about, how to make this change inside us, to make us this passionate. I think that God wants us to, to give Him the glory, just as fans give glory to a team through their passionate praise and cheers. So let's be God's fans and get passionate.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Internet. Why so glum?
Ever wonder what mood the Internet is in? We may not be quite at the point of knowing how happy or sad all those ones and zeros may be, but one group has begun tracking the moods of the people posting to the ...
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a make money site. It pretty much covers make money related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

7:07 PM  
Blogger RobMcFarren said...

If you ever post something like this on my site again...

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home