Thursday, September 01, 2005

Preparation


So I am getting ready to go on a 2-day hike starting tomorrow, and I have realized that sometimes preparation is not done to the level it needs to be. I'm not saying I haven't thought it through, or that the person going with me hasn't either, but actually--there is definitely some hints right now that make me think the other person is not fully understanding what we are doing.

That just got me thinking more about preparation, and why it is that it is important. Practice, checklists, schedules, plans, etc...everyone prepares for something. An Army definitely prepares for battle, a team for a game, a person for work, so why should our spiritual life be any differently. Preparation could lead to more success than failure when it comes to our spiritual walk. And not that it is our works, but in preparing through prayer, reading the Bible, etc, and just focusing on God, we grow closer to God and understand more of how He wants us to live. Then, because we have grown closer...and are more prepared...life struggles--the temptations we face--can become easier to face, because we are relying on God, we know our game plan, if you will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wade said...

Amen!

My boss uses the illustration of "organization." Women organize their kitchens and recipes, men organize their garages and tools.

But what about our spiritual lives??? Do we organize them? Do we have a plan for spiritual growth???

We need one!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home